Current order processing time is 5-7 business days. Free shipping over $60

Taking Care of your Candle

Would you believe us if we told you there's more to a candle than just lighting the wick and letting it burn? We have some tips to share for you to get the most out of your soy candle. 

Prevent Memory Rings

The first burn of a candle is always the most important. A candle should burn for one hour per 1" in diameter of the candle container. For example, our 13 oz. travel tin soy candles have a diameter of 3.5", therefore, needs to burn for at least three and a half hours before being extinguished the first time around. This allows for the wax to melt to the edges and avoid memory rings. Once a memory ring has formed the candle will continue to tunnel and burn that way until its end. Typically, a lot of wax will be leftover if tunneling occurs. Do

Keep the wick trimmed to 1/4" 

We recommend trimming the wick after every burn or after 3 hours of burn time to about 1/4". Never trim the wick while the candle is burning. Extinguish the flame, let the candle cool down to room temperature, then trim the wick before relighting.

Do not burn for more than 4 hours

It is strongly recommended to not let your candle burn for more than four hours. After four hours the candle should be extinguished, allowed to cool for at least two hours, and then trimmed before burning again. 

Abide by the 1/2" Rule

Once there is 1/2" of wax left at the bottom of the candle it is suggested to sieze burning it. This will avoid any heat damage to the surface that the candle is sitting on. As the flame nears the bottom of the container it produces a lot of heat which may result in the container getting too hot. 

Burn Safely

Do not leave a burning candle unattended. Keep out of reach of children and pets. Never burn near other heat sources, drafts,  or anything flammable. 

Storing your Candle

Always store your soy candle in a dry, cool place. We don't add any additives to our soy wax so our candles dont have any protection from the UV rays of the sun, thus, avoid placing them in direct sunlight for extended periods of time. The UV rays can cause discoloration of the candle. Never leave your candle in a vehicle as it may melt on the hot days and seperate on the cold days. If your candle does get too cold, allow for the candle to warm back up at room temperature for at least two hours before lighting. 

The best example for a storing place is in a cupboard where it's out of direct sunlight or harsh light. Keep stored between 50-80 degrees.